Thursday, February 19, 2015

Creative Wave

It's creative flood time. I never know when it's coming, which is half the fun. It just arrives, like a tsunami, sent by the universe to swallow me whole. I want to inhale books and buy flowers and write poems and paint masterpieces and dance and listen to new music and log ideas in notebooks and try new lipstick colors and cook amazing food and send compliments to my friends and paint a rainbow step stone path all the way up my driveway.  If I could map these creative waves out with some regularity and study arrival patterns, I would, but it doesn't work that way--at least not the tsunami kind. It's unpredictable.

Flowers: Which, when you're a kid and especially when you are a teenager, are very exciting.

The first bouquet inevitably setting off my spring cravings which include pink, pink, mint and pink.




 Also ranking in exciting newness:

New paint
New shoes
A new jar of peanut butter
New dish towels
New printed photos
New pens--the slick gel ones that glide nicely on paper
A new mug
New mascara
New found music


A week off of school: Thank you, George Washington. We all knocked out our teeth and replaced them with wood ones to celebrate you.

Most importantly -- Baby Shower:

















Most excited about for Spring: Easter dresses; a good deep house cleaning that doesn't involve shoving anything into a drawer, closet or under a bed to get rid of it; decorating projects; flowers, flowers, flowers; Peeps. And yellow...everywhere.






No comments: